Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Emergency

                Shadoren sighed as he pushed aside the now dead Gyreworm.

                "Fel damned thing almost killed me. Why are we down here again Yurrel?"

                A younger draenei chuckles as he walks over to help Shad up, "What's the matter old man, all this getting too much for you?  You know Muln will let you take an easier role.  You don't -have- to be out here in Deepholm."

                Shad waves his hand dismissively as he walks over to where the other worms lay.

                "Muln is a good man, and were there any need for me to take a less active role, I'm sure he would let me.  But as it is, old or not, I can still beat you from here to the Pale Roost and back if I needed to," he smirks, "Age and treachery will always win over youth and ambition my friend, always remember that."

                Yurrel just rolled his eyes as he motioned for his gryphon to come down, "Yes yes, but last time I checked you liked my youth and ambition. A lot." he grinned wickedly.

                Shadoren pointedly ignored the younger draenei as he called out to Coletharku, the Netherdrake that had been his friend and transport for years now.

                "CAW!"

                The single caw broke the playful banter as a storm crow approached them, transforming into a young elven woman clad in leathers as she reached them.

                "Shad! You need to get back to the Temple, quickly!  Your daughter's there babbling something incoherent. "

                "Terefi?  Phasha? Wha-"

                "There's no time, just get there as soon as possible, I need to get back to Hyjal, I only came because Phasha came looking for you."

                And with that the storm crow replaced the elf and was off again.

                Yurrel looked at Shad confused, "Daughter? And who was that? I didn't know you knew any druids."

                "That was Terefi Everroot.  She's a friend from Northrend.  And yes I have a daughter. I'll explain later," he sighed as he got on Coletharku, "Apparently there's just no time.  To the Temple Cole."

                Yurrel watched the dragon take Shadoren off to the Temple of the Earth, still slightly baffled.

                "A daugther?"

No comments:

Post a Comment