Monday, March 7, 2011

Decisions

               Seeing her dressed up in her formal robes made Shadoren's eyes tear up.  Four days he'd been in Shattrath to see his first born daughter become an inducted Aldori priestess and he'd never been so proud.  And now it was time to leave with that pride and her accomplishment intact.

                Moving as quietly as he could to the nearest exit he intended to go to Auchindoun.  If he was going to die, at least he'd be with his people.

                "Father. Where do you think you're going?"

                Turning around, Shadoren found himself with Phasha's accusing glare upon him, her glowing eyes never leaving his, until he had to look away out of guilt.

                "I'm going away for a while dear heart.  There's no need for me here.  Krokrul aren't needed and I'd just get in the way."

                Furiously she walked quickly to him and forced him to look into her eyes, "Now listen to me old man.  I'm not losing you for a second time.  Whatever Aselleus did to you we'll find a way to heal you."

                "With what?" Shadoren exploded, "Neither I nor Terefi can heal the would on my leg.  The Light bends away from the would when it's used, and as for being Krokrul, there's nothing that can reverse that.  Aselleus did exactly what he knew would do the most damage, cripple me and turn me into what our people fear and despise.  So forgive me Phasha if I don't want to stay in Shattrath, where I still feel alienated because I wasn't here to defend it, where at least if I had been infused with the mists then I wouldn't feel like this is my punishment for surviving Karabor when everyone else I knew and loved died."

                And with that, and Phasha's stunned expression, Shad set off for the bridge leading into Terokkar Forrest and towards the Draenei city of the dead.

                "Fath-" before she could even finish the word, with a flick of his wrist backwards a stone wall erupted from the ground stopping her progress.  By the time she went around it, he was nowhere to be seen.

                "Oh mother...what do I do?"

No comments:

Post a Comment